Because we believe that you should provide personal information to participate in the free knowledge movement, you may:
- Read but for you edit any page on our site you will need to register an account .
- Register for an account providing an email address and provide your real name.
Because we want to understand how our site is used so we can make them better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions .
- Register an account or update your user page.
- Use the Chalo Chatu site.
- Send us emails or participate in a survey or give feedback .
We are committed to:
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve the Chalo Chatu site , to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the Chalo Chatu sites, and our obligations under law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to a Chalo Chatu site will be publicly and permanently available.
- Our community of volunteer editors and contributors is a self-policing body. Certain administrators of the Chalo Chatu sites, who are chosen by the community, use tools that grant them limited access to nonpublic information about recent contributions so they may protect the Chalo Chatu Sites and enforce policies.
- As part of our commitment to education and research around Zambia, we occasionally release public information and aggregated or non-personal information to the general public through data dumps and data sets.